Brooks Alden, the editor of this magazine, wrote an article for this issue, describing death as rest or sleeping, that the sleep is just the intermediate step between closing a life and the beautiful resurrection into the Kingdom of God for those who died in Christ.
Now, it would be silly to describe what it will be totally like in the Kingdom, we shall just have to wait and see. Still, as Born Again believers we know we shall see Him and be like Him. Here are seven descriptions that we know as fact, because the Bible tells us so.
Our resurrection body will be a recognizable body and our personal identity will be preserved (1 Cor. 13: 12).
- It will be a body like the resurrection body of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 John 3: 2).
- It will be a glorious body and suitable for living conditions in Heaven (1 Cor. 15: 43).
- It will be an incorruptible, immortal and eternal body (1 Cor. 15: 43).
- It will be a body of material flesh and bone and a body that will permit eating (Luke 24: 41-43).
- It will be a body in which the Spirit controls and governs (1 Cor. 15: 49).
- It will be a body unlimited by time, gravity or space (John 20: 19 & 26).
Furthermore, there will be no ageing or weariness. Our resurrection bodies will be able to pass through walls as Jesus and Angels did. It will be possible to explore this vast universe at the “Speed of Thought”. We shall rule for ever in a purposeful life.
There will be no language problems. We shall meet and talk with Old Testament saints. We shall have the joy of being reunited with loved ones again. We shall never make mistakes.
Our Lord Jesus will always be fresh because He is infinite in His resources.
All these will be yours, dear Reader, but only if you know Christ as your Saviour and Lord.
(This article was taken from one I wrote many years ago for Kingdom Tidings)