” Before Abraham was called by God He was a gentile of the nation “.
The distinction that changed his status before God, was the Covenant. Then he ceased to be Gentile.
Gal. 3:18-There was 430 years between the Call and the Law.
Saul of Tarsus was commissioned to go FAR HENCE unto the Gentiles. Why so far away? Were there no Gentiles near at hand? What about Rome? What of Babylon?
Isa. 49:6, “I will also give thee (Israel) for a LIGHT unto the Gentiles…” (Goi). “Gentile” means in Greek “Ethnos”. (Hellenes?) NATIONS. “Gentile” means in Hebrew “Goi” NATIONS.
The whole question then resolves into a distinction of nations. THE KINGDOM OF GOD vs. ALL OTHER KINGDOMS.
“Let MY people go that they may serve Me.” (Note the miracles of deliverance.)
“I AM the LORD thy God that brought thee out of the land of Egypt.”
“For I the LORD thy God, am a jealous God.” (of thee)
“Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God (Jehovah thy God) in vain.”
- 1:10 “Now I beseech you brethren …”
- 1:24 “but unto them that are called …”
- 1:26 “But ye see your calling brethren …”
- 6:2 “Do ye not know that the Saints shall judge the world; and if the world be judged by you…”
- 1:4 “According as He hath chosen us …”
- 2:11 “Wherefore remember that we being in time past, Gentile…” (Ethnos)
- 4:1 “Ye are called…”
- 3:3 “For we are the circumcision . . .”
- 1:2 “To the saints …”
- 1:13 “Who hath delivered us from the Power of darkness, and hath translated us into the Kingdom of His dear Son.”
- 3:12 “Put on therefore as the elect of God.”
- 1:4 “Knowing brethren beloved, your election of God.”
- 4:7 “For God bath not called us unto uncleanness, but bath called unto holiness.”
- 2:13 “For God hath from the beginning chosen you …”
- 3:15 “While it is said: Today if ye will hear his voice harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
- 1:9 “Who hath saved us and called us with an Holy calling … before the world began.”
- 2:9 “Of the Jew first and also of the Gentile.” (Hellenes)
- 3:29 “Of the Jews only…not also of the Gentiles?” (Hellenes)
- 16:4 “Also all the churches of the Gentiles.” (Hellenes)
- 12:2 “Ye know not that ye were Gentiles (Ethnos), carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.”
- 2:11 “In time past Gentiles (Ethnos) in the flesh…”